2.09.2011

Interrupted

Parenting one healthy child and one sick, each day looms like an emotional obstacle course. And yet I have extraordinary expectations for myself, like I need to be actively happy and serene and grateful, and I have to mean it more than anyone else.
This afternoon, without the nap I hoped for and without even trying, I was and I did.


JEB
Also, if you are not a dog person, it may appear that Colby is sharing too much tongue.  He is always happy, but not so much serene.
 

4 comments:

Christy said...

Perfect!

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,
You "juggle" your life better than any mom I know. Ask Colby.
L2A4
P.S. Grandma Sandy DID take a nap yesterday. While she was sleeping, I gave her a "surprise haircut". She was surprised.

Debi said...

You are an amazing mom! Savor the sweet moments!
Love and hugs and prayers!
Debi

Yvonne Brown Hall said...

Jenni,
You are a wonderful mother, caregiver, supporter, nurturer, and person. Your strength is only surpassed by the capacity of love you possess!