4.17.2011

Revelation

Life doesn’t always feel like smooth sailing along heaven's highways, but more like daily grinding through a maze of back alleys elsewhere.  If I read them, the street signs might point to bad news.  
It's a conscious choice, the one I make to follow the lead of the neighborhood tulips and hold my head high.  Strength is there, and gratitude is there, even when sufferance rams through the center of it all.  I circle back and -with eyes wide and perspective unzoomed- upon second glance, see it. 
There is gospel in those flowers, and in pretty much everything with which I surround myself.
And I see it.

JEB

3 comments:

Poppy John said...

My generation may call those insights, "Flower Power".

L2A4

The Wendels said...

I wish I could bottle your vision so I can use some when things are pretty crappy.

Debi said...

So true, we need to choose joy and faith and hope for each day.
The tulips are amazing!
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi