6.24.2012

Craftermath

I know that mess can be a good thing, can mean that living happened and that learning occurred.  But when it takes me longer to gather supplies than he spends using them, and when there are more scribbles on the table than there are on the paper, when brushes need rinsed and markers need capped and counters need scrubbed, when all the cleaning up is painfully inefficient because he needs to help, I wonder whether the effort is worthwhile.
I watch him while he works, watch him stick out his tongue in concentration, watch him smile when his vision comes alive, watch confidence and pride color his face.
And then I watch him give his work away.
It's worth it.
JEB

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

As recipients of his wonderful work, we are eternally grateful for the work that goes into the project before and after!

Those beautiful eyes sparkle when he proudly gifts his work!

Grandma Jan

McKenna said...

Oh I love this. So sweet when they find that pride in themselves and then it grows even bigger when they give away their works of art.

Poppy John said...

He has been selling his art to me...where does the money go?