8.02.2018

out of state

We left Ohio last week, high on optimism and low on reality. Through traveling, though, we were reminded that things don't have to go right to go well. We loved visiting family and celebrating another Herbert wedding, mining for Herkimer diamonds and exploring Moss Island, hiking Port Jervis and floating down the Delaware.
I want to remember the way Hank took naps in the middle of everything - in the car, in a raft, in the middle of a mine. I want to remember decorating ideas from Cooper's farmhouse, late night bourbon toasts after the rehearsal dinner, waking up to fresh fruit salad and fidget stick tournaments, an almost too-close encounter with a porcupine.
I am grateful for uncles who take the boys sight-seeing, and hotels with pools for travel weary kids.
I am super glad nobody fell into a glacial pothole. And I am glad to be home.

1 comment:

rht said...

I love every one of these photographs.... and the people in them!!!