7.18.2011

Dressed

A few weeks ago I said something to Andy about how interesting it'd be to see what kind of outfits Celia, at age four, would be putting together.  I guessed she might be pairing plaid and polka dots, orange with pink, tights under bathing suits.  Andy used to hesitate a bit when it was his turn to bathe her, often asking whether the clothes he chose after her bath matched.  Now, though, he's confident, claiming that he likes to imagine what she might choose.
I like to listen to him talk to her as he gets her dressed, telling her he picked her blue "happiness" dress and some rainbow striped pants.  And I like to imagine that, regardless of her health or cognizance, she feels as beautiful as she is.
JEB

If you live in the area and don't have plans this Sunday, Grammy-nominated Justin Roberts will be performing a free concert at 4pm at the Maple Grove Church on the corner of High and Henderson.  It will be the fourth summer we've gone -- the first time Andy took Celia she danced and clapped... Justin has always been her favorite.  Have you seen his McDonald's "Apple Tree" commercial?

2 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That smile tells me the answer. She KNOWS she is gorgeous. :)

rht said...

I know that when Andy talks to her, she feels LOVED! And I can't wait to hear Justin sing songs from his new album..."We go duck, duck, duck -- !"