1.31.2018

on your mark

Hank is into symmetry lately, which is just a bit unexpected because he’s usually the kid whipping up mostly innocent chaos and inciting brothers to join in:
Emptying all the plastic bowls in the kitchen and stacking them haphazardly right in front of the sink.
Upturning laundry baskets full of clean, folded clothes and jumping, repeatedly, on the pile.
Throwing ALL THE TOYS over the banister into the basement.
But this new task, a near daily occurrence, seems to be activating the more methodical, orderly genes in his little twisted helix. I know this is not the first outpost on some drab and unswerving path to an organized adulthood, but I have to admit, this intersection of independence and engagement baffles me a bit and pleases me more.

2 comments:

Susan Kadlac said...

Isn't it amazing and fun to see how those little brains develop?
Your boys are the best!

Hope you are loving your "new" house!!

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,

This was a helpful skill for me to have learned...when the police now place me in a "line-up"...easy, peasy.

L2A