12.18.2011

Yule not be sorry

It’s one thing to live your life, and it’s another thing to make it matter.  For many (if not most) of us, the former is often all we can manage.  But she reminds us to do both.
Being involved in advocacy, in raising funds and awareness, gives us a sense of purpose.  And knowing that so many of you want to help - in whatever ways you are able - means so much to us.
It is hard not to absorb some of your passion, and impossible not to aspire to some level of her strength.  So we're asking, again, that you consider giving something that means something, something that gives more, something that really matters.
BDSRA has $43,000 in dollar-for-dollar matching fund grants through December 31st.  Can you give in the name of someone on your list this holiday season?

4 comments:

Christy said...

Those locks! She is so gorgeous!

Poppy John said...

If "Yule log" onto the BDSRA website..."Yule" see when we get involved! Thank you for letting us know.

L2A5

Groves said...

Whenever I see a picture of your Celia, I always think...I've never truly seen beauty before that moment.

And with each new picture, that feeling grows.

I wish with all my heart that there didn't have to be so much suffering in the beauty.

Celia, I wish there were a way to share it - so I and others could take the weight, and you could be free. I wish I could take the bad so that you could actually feel *good.*

You are a truly lovely person in every way. And I have a feeling the apple did not fall far from the tree...

Cathy in Missouri

Andy and Jenni said...

Cathy, that's so very, very kind. We certainly appreciate your interest in - and kindness toward - our family. Like we said, it's hard not to absorb *your* passion, and we appreciate tucking words like yours around ourselves, borrowing from them some of your strength...
J&A