2.08.2012

Yesterday

I asked the question half in jest and whole in earnest.  Could things get worse?

Yesterday was hard.  The kind of hard that made my limbs feel like sand bags and made my brain turn viscousy and slither down my spine where it became a pool of exhausted desperation at my feet.  When I feel like that, like I’m losing strength and leaking courage, I have to remind myself: I can do hard things.

Today was better.  And I realize life may always be this way, complicated and quicksilver, shifting between imprecation and blessing.
JEB

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't even imagine what you are going through...but I'm so glad you have undie-clad booties looking in at chubby little monkeys to help you get through. I'm sure some days you just have to remember to breathe and put one foot in front of the other. Thinking and praying for you all...every day.

courtney said...

no words- just praying and thinking of you

Ninja Cate said...

You are right-you CAN do hard things. I can't imagine what you must be dealing with, but you can do it.... You are never alone, and its ok to be human, mama bear. Hang in there-I hope tomorrow is easier and better for you.

Love, prayer and hugs,

Cate, Zoey and Junior

Christy said...

Pre·cise·ly. Constantly thinking of ya'll and lifting up prayers.