1.13.2013

Lovely Weather

It was only two weeks ago that we were outside, for a few minutes, wading through and wallowing in a foot of snow.  This weekend's unseasonable warmth invited hours of outdoor activities and I remembered how, when I'm outside with the boys, I don't wonder where I'm supposed to be.  In spring and summer and fall, when boredom strikes or when chaos hits and I wonder who they are and who I am - if I have any doubts about my day - we go outside.  Winter seems to preclude outdoor time, the same way it seems to affect moods and showcase amateur driving. 
So this weekend was a treat.  Because sometimes, inside, nothing matters, and then outside every small thing does.
JEB

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I completely 100% agree with you. We played basketball for hours, rode scooters and enjoyed every minute.