7.09.2018

on the river

We spent the weekend with friends, along the Ohio River. Hank carried around an old yellow Care Bear - Sunshine Bear, if I remember correctly - and it was merely one of MANY things that felt reminiscent of my own growing up. I remembered how to drive a wave runner, the way the muck felt beneath my feet, how easy it is to become absorbed scooping and pouring, to lose track of time.
I was thrilled to see all three boys take to the river right away. 
Two baths later they still have dirt in their ears and under their nails, and I completely understand why my argument "but I went swimming today" never held up to my parents' bedtime directive to hop in the shower.

2 comments:

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,
As sister Kate would point out, "And no one became "chopped liver"!

L2A

rht said...

Good times... and I'm delighted to see that the life jacket rule was followed!