9.18.2018

up*date*

We ended up with an inadvertent two pounds of dates last week. I needed six for a recipe, and I figured I'd shove the rest into the blender for smoothies, but they became a new favorite snack. Hank keeps saying I need another update.

Which prompted me to write a brief one on Hank at two and a half on a random Tuesday...
We read The Greedy Python approximately six times before breakfast.

When I suggest a diaper change, he sits, momentarily, half-hiding behind a couch pillow, hollering I disappeared!

We build forts - in my bed, under the table, behind the couch - with pillows and blankets, until Hank declares each more amazing than the last.

He runs and runs and inevitably runs right into something - the fridge, the island, the banister. He thinks about crying but winds up rubbing the injury and saying But it's alright, I'm tough.

We play hide and seek and I barely have time to look behind the curtain before he yells Here I is, I mean here me are!

He helps me unload the dishwasher and has a little come apart when I try to help get the bowls stacked safely. He recovers quickly when I ask him to remind me where the pizza cutter goes.

We set up the PlayMobil animals and pretend the characters visit the zoo, but not for long because Hank's favorite is the donkey, whom he calls volcano, and he really just wants the volcano to come along for the rest of the days adventures.

We sit next to each other for lunch and, between bites, Hank explains Monkeys have hands to eat bananas. But monkeys not have hands to eat grilled cheese. 
He offers the volcano a bite of his banana and goes on: Volcanoes have feet but cars don’t have feet.
He begs for bites of my salad - specifically cucumber bites please.
And after fruit and a sandwich and lots of cucumber bites, he's still not full, because he asks again for an update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update... Perhaps I should put some in my next batch of breakfast cookies. Does Hank ever sing sweetly to the volcano? 😄😄

Kristy Grachek said...

So. much. Fun. XOXO