2.18.2019

checking the knots

One of the things about nurturing a child is that you're forever tethered to a surprise ending.

Tucker volunteered to accompany me to the grocery store this morning, pushing the cart and cheerfully gathering items on the list. We chatted about choosing cucumbers and the Scoville scale for peppers.

After we put away food we took a walk together, bundled up and heading along a path neither of us have taken before.
He told me about the fish prints they're making in art class, with octopus ink and paint.
He talked about spiders in Terraria and we found an icicle arrangement along the river bank that looked like a chandelier.

I listened all day, mindfully committed, impressively present. Tying one end of my time to his heart, checking the knots.

2 comments:

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,
I hope the art teacher knows that Olentangy River octopus ink will quickly fade...go heavy on the black paint.

L2A

rht said...

The Tautline Hitch knot can be loosened or tightened, but holds fast... a good one for mothers to know. "I trust LMM followers to be full of love and light and understanding." Tugs and Hugs. xoxoxox