8.25.2021

photos, lately

I feel like a mediocre wedding photographer or war journalist or both.

It used to be that blog posts were my parachute, words helped me ease into mothering a child I'd learned I would outlive. Now they're more like an anchor, a resting spot for family memories, but the water is mostly calm and the days seem to drift by. I want to continue to document things here, I just don't feel the same pull to write regularly. Sometimes I need an early bedtime, or an episode of Ted Lasso.

I hope some of these photos will have staying power to stand alone as stories.

1 comment:

rht said...

As one of our favorite wordsmiths says... no pressure, just pleasure. Your ability to tell stories with photos is equally engaging. So glad you have created this memory book for the family.