2.05.2009

Real


When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real. It doesn’t happen all at once. You become. It takes a long time. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby.
Margery Williams
The Velveteen Rabbit


We may not have a long, long time. But by all means, Andy is a real Daddy. I'm not saying his hair has been loved off, or he's very shabby. And I'm not saying it happened all at once. But it happened.

Yesterday, on Andy's birthday, he and Celia shared cookies for breakfast, and snuggled on the couch, alternating between the History Channel and Noggin. They dole out lots of Daddy-daughter love, every day. For real.

JEB

6 comments:

rht said...

Andy's far from shabby, but I believe sweet Celia is making all of us a bit more real. I love that she dressed up and wore pigtails to her daddy's birthday party...

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,

I'm not sure that you know this...but Andy loves Noggin. REALly.

Adam and Vicky said...

You can tell Andy's a REALly great dad! :) And I'm sure he loved every bite of cookie and moment of watching Noggin and the History Channel with Celia!

Andy and Jenni said...

Poppy J,
Daddy does tolerate Noggin. But Yo Gabba Gabba creeps him out (whats up with the freaky little green one with the long arms?) and he hates Max and Ruby - he always sings along though.
I think his favorite part is snuggling with me so he doesn't have to help Mommy clean up so much. That works out great for both of us!

Celia

Poppy John said...

"Cartoon boy"...you are so cool.
REALly!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your blog and I love NOGGIN! Do you watch Jack's Big Music Show?? Gracie loves it!