3.11.2010

This

This is word number four.  He thises his way through the day, all day long.

This.  His finger points.
This is an orange.  It is round and yummy.  Would you like to hold this orange?  Oranges grow on trees.  We can eat this orange together.

This! This!  He insists.
This is your sister's medicine.  I'm sorry, she cannot share this.  This medicine is for Celia. You may have this cup.

This?
This is a tulip.  Smell it.  Be gentle, please.  Tulips are flowers.  This tulip is pretty, isn't it?

This.  This.  This.  He is persistent.
Yes, I would like to pound this wooden peg with you.  Let's use the hammer.  Can you help me hit the blue peg?

This! 
Tuck, this is a baby doll.  This baby was your sister's.  Can you kiss the baby?  Oh, so nice!

This?  He wonders.
This is a CD. Where did you find this?  Let's put this back.  CDs are not toys.  Thank you for helping me put away this CD.

And THIS.  This, the word reminds me, is why I am here.
I LOVE this.
JEB

4 comments:

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,
If Tucker takes after his Grandpa Tim, it won't be long until he has more lines than a plaid shirt.
L2A4
P.S. Yesterday... saw the waitress in our Chinese restaurant say "audios" to a hispanic couple. Don't see that every day.

Beth Ann said...

"This" post made me laugh because our nephew was also very fond of the word this. For the longest time he called Grandma "this". He got everyone else's names down pat but she was "this". I want "this", "this" now, up "this". She was so worried he'd never call her anything else. Glad to see Tucker's got the correct usage down already!

Adam and Vicky said...

THIS is cool!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic.