3.09.2010

Vitamin D

At lunch time, sunlight poured in through the dining room windows and fell, elegantly, on her lashes.  We decided to get outside, to take a walk and to soak it up.
Outside, sunshine kissed his cheeks and glossed the whorl of wind-blown hair on top of his head.  She rested, warm and heavy-eyed, in the stroller nearby.  And we decided that we'd made the right decision. 
The fresh air seems to have exfoliated a layer of stress.  A little injection of sunshine gave us fuel to face the rest of the day, and put us on the path to recover from this chronic, low-grade discontent.  The things we interpret as deficiencies in our lives cannot be remedied by sunshine alone, but today it helped.
JEB

3 comments:

Poppy John said...

That's wonderful! Tucker can't recognize "outside" without 12" of snow can he? I road my 4-wheeler along the river today. I came across a homeless guy that wanted to sell me a "live" duck. Awkward.
L2A4

Christy said...

Your words always seem to transport me right next to you guys. It seems like I can feel the sunshine, despite the fact that it's a most dreary day here. Glad you enjoyed the time outside.

Judi said...

Jen,
If you ever want company or a walking buddy, I would love to go to walk to the park with you guys. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Judi