9.23.2011

Save Her

She rests like she means it, purring occasionally, noise like a distant tractor engine.  Her rest is very different from the unrest I get hung up in.  My attention spans out in slender threads, my interest distracted by the tiniest of vibrations.  
Sitting with her, I am able to gather the momentum of my own thoughts, to reign in now without a thought to next.  I lower myself by the fine silk of focus, back into the present.  She helps me find slow in the midst of fast, hear quiet in the noise.
Seconds pile on top of each other, like quilts, resting gentle in my mind.  I breathe deep, put everything away, save one.  Her.
JEB

5 comments:

Judi said...

Beautiful! You are such an inspiration.

Poppy John said...

I love BOTH...the blog picture...and the picture you painted with words. Jenni Baby, you are so special and unique.

L2A4

Anonymous said...

Triplet Mom and brood are thinking of you guys...

Beth Ann said...

They say pregnant women have a glow about them. Jenni, you are lighting up the world around you!!!

Debi said...

Beautiful picture and precious thoughts. May opeace rule in your heart and mind.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi