9.04.2019

imagine that

To me, sitting with the computer at early o'clock, my first hot cup of coffee in hand:
Do you have lava socks on? The floor is lava! Imagine that with me!
If you only have on computer socks then you need to get your feet off the floor right now!!

Next, showing me his flexed biceps:
Know how I grew my muscles? From hugging people!
Imagine a world where that actually worked, I think to myself.

Him, staring down at the end of a bowl of cereal, after being encouraged to finish up:
But all of the Rice Krispies keep chasing my spoon away! I need a better cereal catcher!

Random thoughts, out loud, all day long:
Forehead is like four. I could call mine a five head, or a six head! 
What if I had four penises? Imagine that. 
Which do you like more, a butterfly or a rabbit? What if they were both together?!
Let's look in your closet. Can I wear one of your flower shirts, so Siri can play music and I can spin?
Now, I am the pilot, you are the passenger. Where do you want to go?

My own imagination is powerful enough to invent thousands of scenarios where I fail, or my children suffer. I am looking for coffee as strong as his imagination, and hoping he continues to lean toward things like lava shoes, coming up with ways to make good things happen and embracing the whole world in the process.

6 comments:

rht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rht said...

Those pictures all say so much. Of course I love the one in front of the piano... except for the fact that the cowhide looks like a giant frog that's about to eat Hank! Does he have any giant frog socks???

CiM said...

Life happened. Is happening. But I remember Celia.

You might be shocked how many times I've thought about Celia.

I wonder if any little girl ever had more beautiful hair and eyes, ever. I think no one ever did.


Somehow years passed and in the roar I missed reading and then - by accident? - I ended up here

yesterday and oh - my goodness

that can't be that CAN'T be is that

Tucker? and Tolliver? they are so <>!

And who is this? Hank? Hank!

And you've kept this record for them. So many records have stopped so many places - but you are still record-keeping and it is so beautiful.


I know why people stop writing. For all the reasons I've had to stop reading, except in brief, distracted snatches. Unavoidable reasons, often - but

oh - finding you all here yesterday -

it felt like Heaven


so a woman you've never met is all choked up about your beautiful, growing, interesting, interested, lively, warm, exploring, trying, thinking, hoping, adventuring

BOYS - gorgeous boys!


and just as choked up

seeing all in and among and near them

the girl

who is so very missed in this world


Celia, I thought I couldn't miss you more

but I do


Wow - Jenni and Andy - this is what you call a <> well loved


God bless every one of you

Your story matters so much

I am glad you're still telling it


Cathy in Missouri

CiM said...

That's odd

The two missing words are

GROWN

and

FAMILY

No idea what I did to make that happen

sorry



CiM

Poppy John said...

CiM...

Thank you.

CiM said...

Poppy John, I remember you, too.

My heart leapt to "see" you here, as well.

I'm so glad this family has so much surrounding love.

CiM