6.15.2010

And Tomorrow, Too

In the beginning I read one of our favorite books to her, and I used to think that's so true.
      I love you through and through.
      I love your top side. I love your bottom side.
      I love your inside and outside...
  
And then I read the pages to her and cried.  It was too true.
      I love you running and walking,
      silent and talking...
This evening I read to her and her little brother.
      I love you through and through.
      Yesterday, today and tomorrow, too.

And again I thought, so true.
JEB

2 comments:

Adam and Vicky said...

As you know, one of our favorites too. :)I can't imagine how certain words tug and tear your heart . . .

Another good one that we still need to get you guys: How Do I Love You?

"How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days . . .

. . . I love you as the moon loves each shining star.
I love . . . everything you are."

Debi said...

In the end, that's all we can offer our precious children, unconditional, unshakable love and acceptence right where they are. Your children are truly blessed.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi