10.04.2009

Joyful Noise

Joyful Noise was one of my FAVORITE books to use with fifth graders. It's a book of poetry, about insects, meant for two readers. By design, two columns of verse on each page allow children to alternate reading aloud about things like a love affair between two lice and crickets eating pie crumbs. The book fit right in with the fifth grade life science unit, and was a super way to integrate literacy.

I wish I could hear Celia and Tucker reading books together someday, hear them hold conversations, share riddles, sing duets. I wish for lots of things that will never be. But one wish has been granted recently -- our house is filled with baby laughter again. And that is a joyful noise!


JEB
(Apologies for the video quality - the videographer was also playing the role of tickler, and is obviously better skilled at one than the other.)

8 comments:

Poppy John said...

Jenni Baby,

I LOVE the video! It reminds me of "Zooy, Zooy, Zip" when you and Kate Baby were infants.

L2A4

Poppy John's Helpful Hint(PJHH) #41...I learned the hard way...at social functions you really shouldn't go around telling people that you are "fireproof."

The Wendels said...

It is much more important to be a skilled tickler than a skilled videographer.

Joyce Donahue said...

Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face.

Christy said...

There is no sweeter sound.

Hilary said...

So Sweet!!!

rht said...

(If you're tracking the number of times people watch that video, you should know that I'm on about 89... and counting!)

Adam and Vicky said...

That's quite the challenge -- balancing the camera and recording while playing! And it's funny how you can get so caught up in playing that you forget that you're recording! :) Even so, the video is great. And Tucker's smiles and laughter are contagious!

Amy said...

I'm not sure how you weren't cracking up through the whole thing too! Tucker's laughter is very contagious. Too cute!